Sunday, June 7, 2009

It breaks the ice at parties....nudge, nudge...

Hello! Its Tara Badcock here, posting the first stall-holder post (gulp!)
I'll keep it simple as I'm still working on all the pieces for ODD+EVEN and I'm always happily suprised and delighted when I make something I didn't expect to make...so there will be more images next week from me.

This week's feature pics are two purses I made for the NICHE Market in Launceston (sorry...plugging another market here!). The second image is a purse that has a silk velvet front with hand embroidered flaming heart, and a red kangaroo leather back, with silk braid strap, Aunty Cookie printed linen lining and zip fastening. The second purse is made from Furnishing fabric off-cuts of silk velvet, with silk satin and freehand machine embroidery of my favourite teapot! The back is kangaroo leather and similar finishing to the first purse mentioned.

I may still have the silk velvet heart purse for ODD+EVEN, or variations on the theme.
I'm looking forward to O+E, and begin able to spread out a bit more in the luminous spaciousness of the Long Gallery! See you all there?!



No comments:

Post a Comment