I just wanted to share this with everyone, as it's quite a fun idea and a lovely prize offered!
Are ugly cushions hiding in your home? Cluttering up your sofa? Do you have the winner of the small acorns ugly cushion competition lurking in your midst? If so, offer it up for public vote (& ridicule) in our online ugly cushion competition, and you could win the chance to exchange your ugly cushion for beautiful new Designers Guild cushions, thanks to Designers Guild and Small Acorns.
We’ve been inspired by Design*Sponge’s annual Ugliest Pillow Contest which we have spent the past few years watching with amusement from afar. Unfortunately D*S’s contest is only open for American entries and we think it’s such a great idea that Small Acorns has decided to hold our own Southern Hemisphere version.
The person with the ugliest cushion in New Zealand, as decided by public vote, will win Designers Guild cushions of their choice to the value of $500.
Here is a rundown & the rules of the game:
1. This is an online competition. All cushions must be photographed and emailed to email@example.com by MONDAY 22nd JUNE at 8am.
2. All photos must be attached in jpeg form (thats standard, straight from your camera photo file type). Please do not send website links or flickr links.
3. Please style your cushion for beautiful photography, extra credit will be given for nice photos of ugly cushions!
4. Write ‘ugliest cushion competition’ in the subject line of your email.
5. We will narrow entries down to a final 10. Once the top 10 (or ugliest 10) are decided, we will publish them online at www.smallacorns.co.nz, and the winners will be decided by public vote.
6. Entry is open to New Zealand and Australian residents.
7. 1st place will win Designers Guild cushions to the value of $500 to replace their award-winning ugly cushion. 2nd & 3rd place will each win one new Designers Guild cushion of their choice to the value of $150. Please note – the winners will need to surrender their ugly cushions to be able to claim their prize.
Too afraid to enter? Don’t be! Our aim is not to trash – simply to celebrate the worn, over-loved, dog-chewed, moved-on-from puffless pillows of your past! And all entries will be posted on a first name basis only. You have nothing to fear and a life of gorgeous cushions to gain!
Thanks to Designers Guild for donating the new cushions!
The 10 ugliest cushions, as decided by the Small Acorns team, will go to public vote on the Small Acorns website between June 24th and July 1st with the winners announced on Thursday 2nd July, 2009.